ImageImageImageImage
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage
100%

Total votes : 1

Yellow Vein (Borneohale)

Postby PaliGap » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:57 am

With 7 grams:
Onset 15-20 minutes. I must admit, I have never had a yellow vein strain before. Some say it is a 'regular' colour, with the order of strains by effect being red-yellow-green-white (from sedating to stimulating), but I'm not so sure about that. Others say it is the colour of the vein of young leaves, before they get their colour, yet others say it's rather the old veins, where the colour has faded by age and sun. After a little research, I think the consensus is that it is rather older leaves than younger (which makes sense, because I don't think very young leaves have been able to mature a potent alkaloid profile yet - although I could be wrong) and also that a special drying process is involved. I don't know the details on that, unfortunately. Maybe it's fermentation like the Bentuangie, maybe it is something entirely different. I guess magicians never explain their tricks. Whatever it is, I like this strain. I found it's profile rather unusual, with pretty high scores on so many different elements. It does have a white vein feeling to it, with the quick onset, the stimulation and the slightly reduced length. A white feeling, somehow tempered by a slight red feeling. It's not edgy as most whites that I have tried. It's very relaxed. The pain killing properties are very good. The moodlift and the euphoria stand out most, I'd say. So that, with the stimulating effects, make this a very versatile strain.

Analgesia 5/5
Energy 4/5
Sedation 2/5
Relaxation 4/5
Euphoria 5/5
Moodlift 5/5
Bodyload 2/5
Headactivity 4/5
Allroundness 4/5
Strength 5/5
Duration 4/5
Overall 5/5