33%
ImageImageImageImage
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage
33%

Total votes : 3

Tawa Tua Indo (Mmm, Speciosa!)

Postby PaliGap » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:40 pm

My review of this great leaf (with 5 grams). Onset 30 minutes.

Analgesia 5/5
Energy 3/5
Sedation 4/5
Relaxation 5/5
Euphoria 5/5
Moodlift 3/5
Bodyload 4/5
Headactivity 2/5
Allroundness 4/5
Strength 5/5
Duration 4/5
Overall 5/5

So as you can see, I really like it. Great vendor too, Ken offered some awesome after-sales communication.
Give us a point to miss... Endings are killing me slow
I only ask for this... Emptiness replace my soul

- John Frusciante
PaliGap
Ethnobotany Stayer

Re: Tawa Tua Indo (Mmm, Speciosa!)

Postby sld12day » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Paligap-

In your experience, how long would you say a dose of TTI lasts?
sld12day
Ethnobotany Freshman

Postby PaliGap » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:09 am

In my experience that would be somewhere between 7 and 8 hours. But I am known for always having significantly longer experiences than the average person. Maybe it's my way of measuring it, I think some people talk about or even only notice the peak of the session, while I just think to myself 'do I still notice even trace amounts or is it really all gone now'. In any way, I rate the duration with a five star system, so it's easier to interpret: it's not an absolute number of hours (because that says nothing, since everybody is different), but a relative indicator.
If you're already familiar with TTI, what is your own experience? I'm always curious about other people's opinions and it is probably helpful to others to know how long a session lasts for you (and for others, so at some point there will be a good average available).
This strain, BTW, is THE strain to go to for pain relief. A lot of people already know this, but I think it won't hurt mentioning it again.

- John Frusciante
PaliGap
Ethnobotany Stayer

Postby sld12day » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:00 am

Thank you for the info, PaliGap. I thought TTI was one of the best for me for pain relief, so I ordered it instead of the Kali Kaya White Thai I'd used for the entire prior month just to avoid building up a tolerance to any particular strain. Today is day 10 on TTI. My pain and exhaustion have gotten so out of control that I thought I was having the worst Fibromyalgia flare up in years, then I did a mental inventory of what has changed recently and the ONLY thing is the Kratom strain. I have a KKWT sample on hand so I made some capsules and took 5.6g and - WOW - within 30 minutes I felt unbelievably better! As you said, everyone responds differently. But now I'm pissed at myself because I have almost 50g of the TTI left that I have no intention of touching. By the way, I tend to have a longer period of relief than most, as well. I don't have to get up during the night to take any Kratom and I can typically get through the day with only taking it twice.
sld12day
Ethnobotany Freshman

Postby PaliGap » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:58 am

Sorry to hear about your Fibromyalgia and that the TTI didn't help as much as the KKWT (but good that the latter does help!). Personally I've always found TTI to be the best analgesic strain and in fact I've heard of no one, that has used this, that thought otherwise. But, still, everybody is different indeed. Another (very likely) possibility is that the current TTI batch(es) are different from previous ones, I must admit I haven't ordered any TTI in the last 4 or 5 months. That's the problem with strains: sometimes the season has its influences, sometimes the source delivers slightly different leaves to the vendor than usual and sometimes the source even completely disappears for whatever reason, forcing the vendor to look for a new source (maintaining the strain name because it's a bestseller). Not saying that any of that happened... I simply don't know.
Next time I order I will think of this and probably get less TTI (still have to see for myself) and more of something else.
I'm fortunate to not have Fibro. I do know however that people who suffer from it, most of the time also have a magnesium deficiency, so if you're not already doing it, maybe take some extra magnesium. Advantage of that is that it is also a Kratom potentiator. :) And you can always try mixing the TTI up with the KKWT (maybe 3 parts KKWT and 1 TTI) to see how that goes for one session (I wouldn't mix it all up before knowing if it's any good), so your remaining 50g won't go to waste.

- John Frusciante
PaliGap
Ethnobotany Stayer

Postby sld12day » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 pm

I appreciate the advice, PaliGap...I did what you said and mixed the TTI with the KKWT for one dose and while I did get better relief than from TTI alone, there was a nagging residual headache that seems to only be relieved by a combo of my headache RX and pure KKWT. Better than nothing, I suppose...at least now I know I can use the TTI to mix in the future if I'm running low on the KKWT, to stretch it out til my next order. I, too, considered that this current batch of TTI may not be as potent as previous batches-it seems that it was far more effective the last time I used it. As a matter of fact, I'd made a list of which strains worked best for me for daytime, which worked best for night (Baik Bali, Red Vein Indo), and which either didn't work at all (Red Vein Thai, Maeng Da) or caused....ahem...gastrointestinal upset (Green Malay, Green Vein Indo)...I'd actually rated the TTI one point higher than the KKWT for my reference when ordering.
Lastly, you are absolutely correct about the magnesium deficiency. I take 800mg of Magnesium Citrate each day but I've been out for quite a while (another list to make!). I have terrible pain in my left foot from a broken bone gone seriously wrong, and one of the surprising "side effects" of the Magnesium is that my foot completely stops hurting! Didn't know about it being a Kratom potentiator, so that is much appreciated info...I have only used Benadryl as a potentiator for Oxy for breakthrough pain, though I haven't been on that for some months now...I'll have a new dr. soon so I suppose I'll be back on it, but I'm rethinking this because I don't have the side effects with Kratom that Oxy caused.
Thanks for letting me pick your brain. Your advice and knowledge have helped me far more than anything I've read about Kratom anywhere else!
sld12day
Ethnobotany Freshman

Postby PaliGap » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:38 am

Yeah, magnesium is somewhat of a pain killer, but in a muscle relaxant sort of way. It also acts as a NMDA antagonist in the brain, which potentiates Kratom (and opiates/opioids, like OC) and helps with tolerance.
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) does indeed also potentiate OC (and Kratom), but has a more sedative and hypnotic character.
I would recommend against using OC, if possible, because it is addictive as hell and a dirty man-made chemical. Of course, if you need it, you need it and you should always listen to your doctor first, but if you are, in every possible way, able to exchange it for Kratom, there should really be no reason not to.
Glad I could be of some assistance.. I know a thing or two, but you're giving me too much credit! :handgestures-salute:
Sorry if I'm getting a bit OT, mods...

- John Frusciante
PaliGap
Ethnobotany Stayer

Return to Plain Leaf