No votes
ImageImageImageImage
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage
No votes

Total votes : 1

Pontianak Horn (Gaiana)

Postby PaliGap » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:52 pm

The smell of this strain is somewhat unusual and the taste is strong and rather nasty. On the vendor's website someone's review states this is a red and is better used in the evening. I wholeheartedly disagree. It doesn't really feel like a red to me. There's too much energy for my taste to use this in the evening. Probably because it is a horned strain. In the mean time, the product is now renamed Pontianak Red Horn by the vendor.

With 7 grams:
Onset 15 - 20 minutes. As I mentioned, this doesn't really feel red, more like white with a red feeling to it. It has a Maeng Da type feeling to it in a way. There is energy and there is sedation: on my first trial the sedation faded fairly quickly, but sometimes it was the other way around. Basically, this strain felt like a boxing match to me. The slightly jittery energy in the not uber clean blue corner was fighting the sedation in the red corner. Energy won by points, in a somewhat boring event.
The second time I took this I got a severe case of the 'eye wobbles'/dizziness after about an hour, which lasted at least two hours. I found this strain rather 'cold', it gave me no fluffy warmth. I even got cold extremeties (hands and feet), but that could have also been the weather (I was inside though). Another thing I noticed the second time is that it was unusually diuretic. There was hardly any pain relief. The length had me hesitating between giving it a 3 or a 4. I gave it the benefit of the doubt. All things considered, I'm not a fan of this strain and will not repurchase. Sorry!

Analgesia 2/5
Energy 4/5
Sedation 3/5
Relaxation 3/5
Euphoria 3/5
Moodlift 2/5
Bodyload 3/5
Headactivity 4/5
Allroundness 2/5
Strength 5/5
Duration 4/5
Overall 2/5